Here at Pointe Pest Control, we specialize in pest eradication that is both effective and environmentally friendly. We firmly believe it’s possible to protect your home and family from pests without poisoning the environment.
There are also some natural solutions that you can employ to help fend off two of spring’s most popular pests.
Ants outside aren’t a huge problem, but no one wants ants to invade their indoor space. Here are some DIY steps to keep ants at bay.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon boric acid (find it at any drugstore) and 6 tablespoons sugar in 2 cups of water. Soak cotton balls in the solution.
- Poke a few holes in some old plastic containers with lids. Place a few soaked cotton balls into the containers and replace the lid.
- Put the ‘traps’ wherever you see ant trails, both inside and outside the house.
- Clean the containers and use fresh solution at least once a week.
You may need to be patient, as the key to success is getting the worker ants to continually carry low doses of the boric acid back to feed the ants in their nest.
Termites are tricky, and if you have a confirmed infestation, you’ll want to call in the professionals. However, prevention and spot treatments can be effective up to 70% of the time. Here are some tips:
- Avoid using mulch in your yard, particularly mulch in beds that are adjacent to your house. Termites excel at using mulch for cover. Ensure that no wooden part of your home, especially wood that is structural, is touching bare soil.
- You may be able to use pine wood as bait for termites. It’s recommended you collaborate with a pest control specialist to set traps around your home’s perimeter, which you can check monthly.
Termites are very damaging and can cost you your whole home if left unchecked, so when in doubt, call the professionals! We take great pride in using only the best environmentally friendly methods to protect your family from any unwanted pests all throughout the year. Partner with the pros at Pointe Pest Control to safely and effectively defend your home.